The Gasification and Syngas Technologies Council (GSTC) is the leading trade association committed to advancing the global business interests of the gasification and syngas industries. We focus on two key areas: first, promoting the role that gasification and syngas technologies play in helping improve the energy, power, chemical, refining, fuel and waste management industries, and second, serving as a focal point for new business prospects for GSTC members.
A company that joins the GSTC can anticipate a significant return on its investment from:
- Business development opportunities generated by strategic and results-oriented global and domestic marketing programs
- Networking opportunities that include exclusive and informal meetings with key industry leaders and legislative and regulatory officials, as well the annual Gasification and Syngas Technologies Conference, the largest gathering of its kind in the world
- Access to outreach materials to educate and inform the public, and the markets that our members serve, about the attributes and benefits of gasification and other syngas producing technologies
- Efficiently staying up to date with presentations from leading organizations involved in gasification and sysngas production, conversion, and use at three member meeting throughout the year
GSTC’s members are involved in all aspects of gasification and syngas production, processing and use, including technology development and licensing, engineering, procurement and construction, equipment supply, project development, and plant ownership and operation. Given the strength of our numbers and the diversity of our expertise, we provide valuable relationship-building opportunities for our members as well as a strong and influential voice to support the use of gasification and syngas worldwide. A membership in the GSTC will ensure that your voice is part of the conversation that shapes the future of the syngas industry.
The gasification and syngas marketplace is increasingly global and diverse. New gasification and syngas technologies have created burgeoning opportunities to turn low value feedstocks (such as biomass and municipal solid waste) into valuable products. The GSTC has responded to the challenges and opportunities of this highly dynamic environment by spearheading a broad range of business initiatives, designed to introduce the benefits of gasification and syngas production and use to emerging markets domestically and internationally. GSTC positions its members to leverage knowledge of the marketplace into business opportunities.
Global Outreach and Marketing Program:
- The GSTC has raised the global profile of gasification (and now other syngas technologies) by working in the US to educate international business representatives and government officials about the benefits of these technologies. The initial strategic focus has been on India, Mongolia, and South Korea. To date, the GSTC has participated in discussions with the Department of Energy’s International Office, the Department of Commerce, the Trade and Development Agency, the Indian and Mongolian embassies, the Confederation of Indian Industry, and the North American Mongolian Business Council. While focusing on these markets, the GSTC has remained a sought-after source of information about gasification from other markets. GSTC participated in a “reverse trade mission” with the US Trade and Development Agency for a Chilean delegation interested in coal gasification and for an East Asian delegation interested in waste conversion technologies.
- GSTC staff work internationally to introduce the benefits of gasification and syngas to key business and regulatory leaders. These meetings are designed to ensure maximum exposure of the benefits of gasification to as broad a range of business and public interests as possible.
- The GSTC is a member of the US-India Business Council (USIBC), part of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The GSTC and the USIBC conducted a gasification trade mission to India in September 2013. GSTC delegation members met with U.S. Embassy officials, key Indian government ministries and members of the oil, gas, chemical, and fertilizer industries.
- GSTC staff has participated in international conferences in South Korea, India and Europe. In addition, GSTC conducts outreach by publishing in trade journals.
- GSTC monitors emerging markets, such as Africa, Brazil, and East Asia and provides information and potential business about those markets to our members.
US Outreach and Marketing Program:
The GSTC conducts outreach throughout the US by participating in conferences, publishing in trade journals, conducting media interviews, and actively engaging key audiences through social media. Our goals are to increase the awareness of gasification, to position the GSTC as the “go to” organization for information on gasification and syngas, and to expand our reach through strategic alliances with related organizations in the energy sector.
The GSTC holds three Member meetings a year. These meetings provide excellent access to and relationship-building opportunities with, other companies and invited guests. The Member meetings bring together, in a "round table" setting, global industry experts from the various energy sectors to inform our Members about market dynamics, new projects, technology advancements, policy and regulatory actions, and financial drivers.
The Gasification and Syngas Technologies Conference
The annual Gasification and Syngas Technologies Conference is the largest gasification and syngas conference in the world and attracts key decision makers and technical experts from the global gasification industry. We are now expanding the conference to include all aspects of the syngas industry.Typically, more than four hundred people attend, representing technology providers, research institutions, equipment suppliers, engineering firms, utilities, coal/mining companies, energy companies, governments and trade associations. In addition, there are more than forty-five exhibitors.
GSTC Members have priority opportunities to participate in the general sessions as presenters, session chairs, and event sponsors. Members are also able to select exhibit space before it is open to the public. In addition, Members can make use of meeting rooms to host private meetings without charge at the conference facility.
To increase the understanding of gasification and its benefits, the GSTC has developed and continues to produce a series of web-based and hard copy videos and brochures for the public and targeted audiences. . Examples include:
- Underground Coal Gasification (brochure)
- Biomass and Waste Gasification (video and brochure)
- Gasification Versus Incineration (video)
- Gasification: Redefining Clean Energy (brochure and video)
GSTC is currently developing additional outreach materials to cover the global syngas market.
GSTC offers two membership categories: general and limited. For the details on each membership category, please view our Membership Options.